Thursday, April 22, 2010

Working for Kennedy

Didn't post because I had blood tests today. I couldn't have coffee until this afternoon and even though I don't give all that much blood, these tests always wear me out for the day. Glad I voted yesterday instead of trying to do it on the way home from the phlebotomist.

I love early voting. I was able to straighten out my voter registration and cast my ballot, all in less than 15 minutes including the time I spent filling out the forms and proving my identity to the elections person. Of course it was a short ballot because this was the primary and the Democrats barely run anyone in this district.

Hot contest on the "Democrat" ballot is for the Senate seat. I was surprised there were so many candidates. I only knew about three of them. But oddly I don't really care who wins that one. I'll support whoever ends up running against Burr. I was more interested in voting for the better judges.

But my main goal for the midterms is to unseat Foxx and get Billy Kennedy elected. It's looking surprisingly good so far. He outraised her in the first quarter, $91,109 to $69,097, plus Billy raised his with mostly small donors. I'm sure in part, thanks to Act Blue. But he's also a terrific candidate. He has perfect combination of charm and creds for this district, plus a terrific populist platform. Thinking he really can, and will, win this race.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger rockync said...

I'll do anything to get rid of that idiot woman! What an ignorant, vicious harpy she is!

10:53:00 AM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Well you see how narrow minded liberals love to tramp on freedom?

She has a right to be an ignorant vicious harpy, but more importantly, she has a right to be in office. All Republicans do 'cause God told them so.

11:41:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

The good news is all the DFHs hate Foxx so Kennedy will get a lot of netroots support and one hopes the race will be nationalized in the media once it gets closer.

I'll be curious to see who wins the Dem nod for Senate too. All three of the frontrunners are okay with me.

2:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home