Thursday, June 10, 2010

Alvin Greene for Senator - Updated 2X

I don't care if Alvin Greene is a plant, after watching this interview, I'm endorsing him. He's a walking spoof candidate. This guy is a made for internet sensation. Kind of like that Idol contestant that was so bad everyone voted for him to keep him on the show. Greene could actually win if the internets fall in love with him.



I even have a campaign slogan. Alvin Greene for Senate. He couldn't possibly be worse than DeMint. [h/t Mako]

Update: Alvin has now successfully faced down Keith Olbermann in this interview. He's looking a little more comfortable in front of the camera. And you have to admit, his strategy is brilliant. Say as little as possible and the interviewer is left to do all the talking. And the guy is still making more sense than DeMint.

One point that Keith brings up that I didn't know is SC has open primaries so Republicans can vote in the Democratic one instead of their own. That could certainly explain Alvin's big win.

Update Two: Since my dry sense of humor doesn't translate well on the internets, let me be clear that I'm pretty sure Alvin is a scumbag with a lot of dirty secrets that will probably land him in jail eventually. But doesn't that describe just about every Republican officeholder in South Carolina and maybe the whole country? On a personal level, I don't like the guy at all, but as a candidate I see him as a pure win. It's not like any Democrat is going to unseat DeMint anyway and it would make that Senate race fun to watch if nothing else.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home