Saturday, July 17, 2010

Talk to me

Low posting yesterday because I had a blinding headache I just couldn't shake. Thinking it's the pollen count. Air is pretty murky. But it seems to have abated so a quick cruise through the morning news turns up a few worthwhile quick reads.

Kevin Drum takes on GOP fairy tales about what's being falsely billed by the far right spin machine as "the biggest tax increase in history."
So that's the case. Letting Bush's tax cuts for the rich expire affects only a tiny number of small businesses; it doesn't affect them very much; and it generates revenues of $678 billion. If the only thing you care about is keeping taxes low for rich people, you won't be convinced. For the rest of us, it's a no-brainer.
Gail Collins takes on hypocrisy in the Village generally and in the GOP specifically with an especially good column today. [h/t USLib] This was my favorite line:
Great idea. I think I speak for us all when I say that there is absolutely nothing I would like better than additional talking in the Senate. It always seems to make things better.
And this is why John Scalzi gets book contracts. If you can read this without tearing up, your name is probably Dick Cheney and you no longer have a pulse. Goodbye to Kodi.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reinstalling windows on my work PC reset the screen refresh rate to 60HZ. Migraine range... It took forever to figure out.

12:33:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Just thinking about trying to do that hurts my head.

1:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home