Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Fourteen and counting...

The whole country is rightly celebrating the ongoing miner rescue in Chile. I've been riveted by the raw live feed of the Chilean mine rescue myself. Stayed up half the night watching the first four get out. The joy of the reunions between the miners and their families is so heartening. It's so rare to see such a happy ending to such a serious mining accident. This rescue is truly a wonder of technology and international co-operation.

I see President Morales has joined President Pinera at the site. Assuming Morales showed up to visit the one Bolivian miner that was rescued last night. I'm impressed at how fresh Pinera and the guys running the rescue rig look this morning after being at this all night long. But I guess the adrealin is keeping them going. Me, I'm thinking it's going to be a very long day at work today.
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home