Sunday, October 31, 2010

I voted and I feel fine

Didn't post yesterday because I had a long shift in the afternoon/evening and had to spend the better part of the morning figuring out the down ticket races so I could sneak in for the last hour of early voting since I'm on the work schedule right through the election.
It was pretty good early turnout for this little town. I was voter 8234. During the run-off primary I was 300 something. Everyone was eyeballing each other, counting up the Dems and GOPers. I might as well have been wearing a neon sign saying I'm a Democrat. But the obvious Republicans were still very polite to me. And my intuitive count tells me at least a third of the line was Dem as well.

Needless to say I voted a straight Dem ticket where I had a choice. Sadly, Dems pretty much write off my county. State offices didn't have a Dem choice, neither did my district judge roster, nor the county commissioners. Well, actually the commissioners did have that one hapless sad sack running that I met at the Dem county convention. He's a bit disconnected from reality, but I cast a token vote for him anyway. He'll never win, but I didn't want him to get NO votes besides his own.

The biggest list of choices was for judges at all levels. That's what took so long to figure out. Finally managed to find a list of endorsements and match them up to my ballot for the higer court positions, so I was glad I didn't have to skip that section. Only office I passed over was water commissioners.

Sadly, I didn't get as involved in the local scene as I had planned to since my life got so complicated in last few months. Won't have any time to help out with GOTV either. But I'm feeling good about Billy Kennedy and Elaine Marshall. Sending out positive visualizations non-stop. Can't hurt.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home