Sunday, December 12, 2010

Extortionists

As I said in my previous post, I've long thought that a lot of the incomprehensible positions Obama has taken on economic policy have been a direct result of extortion by the Banksters. As in, "Nice stock market you have there. Would be too bad if something happened to it -- again." Clearly the Banksters have the tools to create another 2008 style crash.
On the third Wednesday of every month, the nine members of an elite Wall Street society gather in Midtown Manhattan. The men share a common goal: to protect the interests of big banks in the vast market for derivatives, one of the most profitable — and controversial — fields in finance. They also share a common secret: The details of their meetings, even their identities, have been strictly confidential.

....The banks in this group, which is affiliated with a new derivatives clearinghouse, have fought to block other banks from entering the market, and they are also trying to thwart efforts to make full information on prices and fees freely available.
These are the same guys still running the same Ponzi scam that created the 2008 meltdown and they're now back to profiting at record breaking levels from it. I mean, how is it even legal for them not to be required to disclose costs and fees on the derivative trades?

A couple of weeks ago there a brief buzz about the DoJ's purported "crackdown" on Wall St. fraudsters. I didn't need Bloomberg to tell me they were only netting small fry. What's disturbing is our supposedly internet savvy administration doesn't seem to realize they can't get away with this kind of smoke and mirrors PR effort anymore. Not while the internet remains even somewhat free. Which makes me worry about the future of the internets.

But that aside, it also leaves the question of what to do about the Banksters. I believe they could, and would, cause another meltdown if the White House goes after the big fish. It's not lik they couldn't weather another one. But I'm not so sure the rest of us little people could survive another one so soon.

I know I'm in tin foil hat territory here, but think about it. If this was the actual situation, and you were President, and really did care about the working class, what would you do? Me, I'm not so sure I wouldn't pay the ransom. Which I guess is just a long winded of explaining why I just can't quite shake my empathy for Obama's burden.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home