Sunday, February 27, 2011

Didn't think I'd live to see

When I was a young activist, it felt like we were changing the world with love and flowers. At the time, I thought it was a done deal. Never in a million years would I have believed that 40 years later, we would be fighting the same battles all over again. So this list really resonated with me. This one especially:
4. Who'd've thunk I'd live to see the day when increasing taxes on billionaires (currently taxed at the lowest level in decades) is seen as immoral, while cutting nutritional and medical services for poor children is regarded by the in-crowd as being among the highest forms of moral rectitude?
It's the elevation of greed from a vice to a virtue that makes it feel so much worse this time around.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home