Friday, May 06, 2011

The Dog of War


I don't care about seeing photos or videos of the execution of bin Laden. I know they can't really release a lot of details about the SEAL team that took him down, but I really would love to hear more about the one dog that went on the mission.

So far, all I've seen is some very general info on the military canine unit, but even that is fascinating. I had no idea there were some 2,800 dogs deployed in combat. And the idea of a dog skydiving just blows my mind. I know a lot of humans that would be too terrified to do even a tandem jump, which in reality is safer than driving to the airport.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Litzz11@yahoo.com said...

Wow that photo is amazing ....

9:48:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Isn't it though? Can't imagine how they get dogs to do that. I believe that's actually a photo of these two setting an altitude record, hence the oxygen masks.

7:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home