Wednesday, June 15, 2011

3000 channels and nothing worth watching

Building a bit on my earlier post, cable companies are suddenly worried about household poverty. They've apparently realized there's a lot of newly poor people out there who have been priced out of their product. And while they're a bit worried about competition from Netflix and other alternative entertainment providers, their attitude is a bit dismissive, since Netflix doesn't provide any appreciable original content.

Well, they certainly should be concerned about poverty but they ignore those who have dropped out because the original content they're offering is increasingly pure crap. I want real news, not infotainment. To the extent that I watch TV shows, I want well written programs, with real actors, not all these "reality" shows. I'm not the only one I know who stopped subscribing because I was no longer getting it.

[More posts daily at the Detroit News.]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home