Sunday, June 12, 2011

Amusing and/or soothing

Tom called it mesmerizing but I think hypnotizing might be a better description for this video. When I started I said, "Meh, 33 minutes long? I won't last 33 seconds." Five minutes later, I said, "I have to turn this off. It's messing with my head. Feels like it's planting subliminal messages in my brain." But I think it's very cool so I expect I'll watch all of it eventually. In five minute spurts.



If you're in the mood for more dizzifying stuff, Color-Changing Dots Earn Best Illusion of the Year Award.

If you prefer some stills, via Hudsonette, I liked a lot of these minimalist photographs. And Hudsonette's personal view of Manhattan is gorgeous.

Thinking I may have posted this a long time ago, but still love it on review. Grains of sand under a microscope.

And if you're in the mood for music, don't forget The National Jukebox from the Library of Congress.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Madeleine Begun Kane said...

I latest under 20 seconds on the unicode video. It hurt my brain. :)

Mad Kane

6:43:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Apparently, if you make it to 30 seconds, it takes over your mind and you have to wrench yourself away. Hope someone makes it to the end and tells us if there's a punchline.

7:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home