Monday, October 24, 2011

Conservatives exploding

Since I was barely blogging while I was dealing with the first wave of grief over losing my Dad, I was late in posting about the Occupy Wall Street movement. Lately, I've making up some ground on that and one clear effect of the ongoing protests is conservatives are getting very angry about it. The comments on my posts at DetNews are extra cranky and I've had an unusual number of my readers there send very angry emails to my personal account.

Now, I'm not saying this is directly related, since we don't know who did it, but clearly somebody was mad enough to throw a bomb into an Occupy Wall Street encampment.
Portland police are looking for the person who threw a chemical bomb at the Occupy Maine encampment in Portland during the early morning hours on Sunday.

Sgt. Glen McGary said police responded around 4 a.m. Sunday to an explosion in Lincoln Park at Congress and Pearl streets.

Though no one was injured, McGary said the homemade bomb, which consisted of chemicals poured into a plastic Gatorade container could have caused serious injury.
More from Athenae, including a report from the Occupation website. They were very lucky no one got hurt.

Meanwhile, conservatives generally appear to be getting more and more unhinged of late. This Tea Party resoultion urges businesses to refuse to hire anyone, simply in order to bring down President Obama, and any economic recovery with it. You might think self-professed patriots would want the economy to succeed and our country to thrive no matter who's running it. Apparently you would be wrong.

[More posts daily at the Detroit News.]

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger (O)CT(O)PUS said...

I have one idea to counteract the derangement syndrome. Grab every Republican you can find and smear them with vanishing cream, top to bottom, BEFORE they get their voter photo IDs.

5:44:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL Octopus. TO be fair, it's not every single GOPer that's crazy but the ones that are, are just so seriously deranged. Or deluded. Or something.

7:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home