Friday, October 07, 2011

Universe works in mysterious ways

Didn't make it to my target destination tonight. A 16 mile traffic jam ended right before an exit that was totally off of my route but I took it as an omen and left the road early anyway. Drove 10 miles out of the way to find a hotel here in the middle of nowhere in a town I've passed a dozen times but never stoppped in. Ended up at a Best Western, which I generally avoid. Turned out to be a great hotel and the best unexpected travel encounter I've had in years.

Original plan was to settle into the room and blog. But the place has a lounge and they give you a dollar towards a drink. Who could resist the retro novelty of that? The only people there were me, the bartender and her boyfriend. They were Irish. And fun. So the plan for one quick drink turned into two drinks and a two hour conversation. Love when that happens. But the pour on the second one was big. Which means I'm not going to blog tonight.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger Mule Breath said...

Cheer Libby! See you when the fog clears.

10:58:00 PM  
Blogger Mule Breath said...

Damn sticky keyboard. That was supposed to be cheers. And I (unfortunately) haven't had anything at all to drink.

11:00:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Ah the Irish - and you thought you'd be after getting away with only one drink. . .

9:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home