Friday, January 20, 2012

Of thee I sing

There may be nothing more cringe inducing than a politician who treats a speaking engagement like a Karoke contest. I still have nightmares from watching the video of John Ashcroft singing "Let the Eagle Soar." But some do it better than others. Herman Cain suffered no small amount of mockery after he sang that gospel hymn, "He Looked Beyond My Faults." Which paled in comparison to the outpouring of derision when he sang, "imagine there's no pizza."

The pizza song was worthy of the snark, but I thought he pulled off the gospel song pretty well. It was weird but he has a decent voice so it wasn't that painful. However, when it comes to singing pols, President Obama is the new king of soul. Everybody is posting this one, and so am I, just so I have it in the archives forever.



But that's not the half of it. His Al Green is the best, but check out his Aretha and Dionne Warwick. Man, but our POTUS can sing. Hoping more of these turn up so TPM can put together a mash-up for future historians.

[More posts daily at the Detroit News.]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home