Saturday, April 21, 2012

Once the world would have stopped to watch

Now these things don't even make the nightly news. At least I didn't see it covered anywhere. End of an era. They're retiring the space shuttle and as a final tribute, it made a flyover in DC. My friend Hecate, who lives there, has some great photos. These two were my favorites.



Hecate also shares my memories of the space program and articulates the wonder it uses to evoke so beautifully, I'm going to send you to her because she voices my thoughts better than I can myself today. Click over for that and also more photos. Wish I had been there to witness this in person as well.

[More posts daily at the Detroit News.]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger merlallen said...

I got to see the Space Shuttle when it landed at MacDill AFB around 25 years ago.

1:48:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Cool. I once saw it take off from the window of an airplane while I was flying out of Florida. That was cool too.

8:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home