Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Bill Clinton ups the ante in Vegas

For all the media salivating over a mythical Obama/Clinton feud, the Big Dawg has become Obama's most effective surrogate. Clinton's speech mesmerized the crowd in Vegas. And no worries about Bill being too polite:
"I had a different reaction to that first debate than a lot of people did," Clinton told nearly 2,000 supporters at a campaign rally for Obama and other Democrats. "I thought, 'Wow, here's old moderate Mitt. Where ya been, boy?'"
You can catch the rest of the transcript at the link, but worth watching the delivery for the voice inflection:



Good stuff but I don't recall much of this sort of adulation while he was in office:
Clinton's rally at the Springs Preserve was plugged in the local media for days. Among those in the crowd was Darlene Love Smith, 49, a Las Vegas bus driver on disability.

"I've always loved Clinton," she said. "He's down to earth, and he says things like he's out for the people — and I believe that he is."
I didn't love the Clinton presidency. In fact, I hated a lot of his policies from the triangulation strategy that cursed us with centrism worship that survives to this day, to the signing of NAFTA. It was a big part of the reason I ended up supporting Obama over Hillary. I believed she would perpetuate that legacy. Figured we at least had a chance for something different with Barack. Wish that had worked out better.

Nonetheless, and having nothing to do with his sex drive, until recently I thought Clinton always felt more smarmy than down to earth. Since he went vegan and lost so much weight, he seems more genuine and credible to me now too. Maybe because he feels more relaxed and less driven by ambition these days. Guess old age eventually does that to all of us.

In any event, happy to have him on our side and appreciate he's working so hard to keep Ratfker Romney out of the White House.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home