Thursday, November 08, 2012

Election night 2012 in pictures

As I said earlier, I don't gloat over winning. I remember too well the morning after 2004. Walking to work in lovely downtown Northampton. It was eerily quiet. Streets were full of people wandering around in stunned silence. Dread settled over that little, very liberal city like a funeral shroud. This is how conservatives are feeling today. Just because their beliefs are founded on the longest, most concentrated and effective disinformation campaign in the history of civilization doesn't make their emotional response any less real. So no, I'm not inclined to rub it in.

That being said, I won't deny I'm deliriously happy about the outcome. Feels great to win when the stakes are high. These images still make me smile. I'm told this Barack Obama tweet was the most shared in the history of the twitter.

This was the official White House photo.

[photo via]

I liked this one even more.

[photo via]

Okay, maybe just a little gloating. Certainly these guys deserve it as the greasiest cogs turning the gears of the GOP disinfo machine. The sad faces on Fox News.

And let's not neglect the biggest clown of 2012, who wins the derp award hands down in a very crowded field.

[More posts daily at the Detroit News.]

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home