Tuesday, February 12, 2013

GOP responds to SOTU with Cirque du So Lame

Apparently President Obama is so powerful it now requires three Republican responses to the SOTU. Latest legacy media darling Marco Rubio will handle the official GOP duties because, Hispanic outreach. Which ironically won't be broadcast in Spanish as planned because the "English only" cons in Congress protested.

Rand Paul will deliver the privately sponsored official Tea Party response which he promises won't be any different from the official GOP position because, solidarity. Or something. In other words, pointless.

Meanwhile, appearing as the true representative of the crackpot conservative contigent, Ted Nugent (the angry white guy's, angry white guy) will be holding court somewhere on the sidelines where he promises to take on the lamestream media. As he explained his role in a recent interview:
"We know that the president will have the state of the union stacked and jammed with props, children, and victims of violent crime, " Nugent said. "And my friends wanted me to attend to counter that the way that I do: with facts, statistics and common sense and logic and a celebration of self-evident truths. So I will be taking on the media orgy following the State of the Union Address."

Nugent said the media does not realize he is a "force to be reckoned with" and therefore he will "dominate them."
This freak show brought to you courtesy of crackpot Texas Congressman Steve Stockman who tells us he invited the washed up, long past his prime performer “because he is a supporter of the Second Amendment and American values.”

That would be the sort of "American values" held by real Murkins who hold events like this:

[Click to embiggen. Does that "zombie" look familiar?]

And yes, I asked if this was real. I'm told it is an actual event held at the Gilbert Indoor Range, 14690 Rothgeb Drive, Rockville MD (info@gilbertindoorrange.com).

I weep for the children that have to grow up in a world with these people.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

9 Comments:

Blogger nickgb said...

I've actually shot at that range, and found it to be pretty fun and not as crazy-murkin as you're assuming. I see what you're saying about the zombie-likeness, but the close-ups on the manufacturer's site don't seem quite as close. But they do have a lot of issues.

11:24:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

That fog machine and strobe light thing sounds pretty crazy to me. Especially if they're using live ammo. Feels kind of irresponsible.

And yes, the resemblance issue for the dummy is not exactly subtle. Whatever it looks like in real life, in the poster it's very clear. Easy to imagine the outrage if it resembled a white Republican president and the event was being held at a venue primarily patronized by dark skinned people.

12:02:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

I remember when some guy was arrested in Georgia for having a Busshit bumper sticker. It all depends on whose ox is being Gored, pun intended.

This zombie craze is so strange. I get catalogs with zombie targets, zombie ammunition and even zombie Tasers. People really want a zombie apocalypse so they can shoot things without having to feel guilty, but although Obama wouldn't be the first president to be burned or hanged or shot in effigy I'm tired as hell of the ever increasing Obamahate shit and fed up with these mindless, brainless bastards.

You know why I don't want another useless "assault weapon" ban? Not hard to guess, is it?

9:31:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I'm so over the zombie craze. And vampires. And I'm sick of hearing about bacon too.

1:49:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Not me. Things go better with bacon.

9:05:00 AM  
Blogger nickgb said...

Okay, yeah, the fog machine and strobe lights seem profoundly misguided, though I bet it'd be fun as hell if I knew that the other shooters all knew what they were doing.

The fact that there's a double standard for this president, of course, is pretty clear. When the RNC puts actual crosshairs on a district map, they still clutch their pearls when someone applies crosshairs to one of those districts. But when Jamie Foxx makes a joke about how fun it was to kill all the white people in Django, the wingers suddenly start whispering about race wars. "Bush=nazi" is outside good taste, but "Obama=witch doctor/nazi/stalin" is political commentary.

And I'm so over bacon now. Time for a savory vegetable craze. I want brussel sprouts au gratin at all the hipster bars.


1:55:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I could go for a brussel sprouts craze myself. Love those tiny little cabbages.

3:15:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

I hate 'em - I tell you I just hate the damn things. They smell like boiled garbage.

Bacon!

9:06:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Ha Fogg. Guess we won't ever fight over the food on the buffet table.

10:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home