Sunday, June 09, 2013

The NSA leaker outs himself

I want to think this kid is a hero but I'm not sure I believe him.

I've been traveling all day so I'm just catching up. Read a couple of posts and watched Snowden's interview. Something about his body language strikes me as a bit off. He's clearly smart and articulate but his story is odd. As the kids say, I have questions.

For one thing, I actually know someone who tried to get a job with the CIA. She was also very bright, very beautiful and a college graduate. Not sure if she ever got the job. She moved away before it happened but the process is really long. She had been working at it for months. You don't just go in for a couple of interviews and pass a security check to get in.

The other thing I wonder just off the top is if he was so high in the agency that he had clearance to, as he put it, "wiretap anyone, even the president" why wasn't he still in Washington? Or Arlington, or wherever they house this secret operation? Why was he now working in Hawaii at some lower level contractor? Even using the word wiretap doesn't sound like CIA jargon to me.

And what about this girlfriend they say he was living with in Hawaii? I mean, he just packed a few things and took off to Hong Kong, never to come back? I wonder if he told her what he was planning to do? I don't know. Maybe it's just because I'm tired, I haven't read enough about it yet and I'm missing some key details but I'm getting a weird vibe from this guy.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home