Thursday, August 22, 2013

Terms of impeachment

Oklahoma Republican Sen. Tom Coburn dangles impeachment to soothe the angry base at a home district speaking event.
“No, I agree,” Coburn said. “My little wiggle out of that when I get that written to me is I believe that needs to be evaluated and determined, but thank goodness it doesn’t have to happen in the Senate until they’ve brought charges in the House. Those are serious things, but we’re in a serious time. I don’t have the legal background to know if that rises to high crimes and misdemeanor, but I think they’re getting perilously close.”
Translation: Happy to feed your impeachment fever. Get back to me when John Boehner's House of Dysfunction gets their shit together.

A year ago I would have laughed derisively at the notion the GOPers would try for it. Thing is, they won't be able to pretend they can kill Obamacare for the next three years and all their other faux scandals are falling apart. They're going to need a new chew toy for the rubes to gnaw on and the angry base loves them the taste of impeachment.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Perilously close -- hmm, how many light years away is the standard remove?

What about lying to falsely claim the authority to go to war? Nah, nowhere near as bad as buying a second black dog while white dogs are hungry and suffering.

9:47:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Pretty sure the failure to buy a white dog is an impeachable offense for a black president.

10:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home